Cleared my intertubes.
Haven't been able to phone anyone, blog or check my millions of emails. And all because of some worn out wire. Apparently.
The B.T. man arrived earlier than arranged so it's a good thing I'd had me lunch:) And I was just about to watch a recording of the final of Masterchef when ding dong there he stood. All five feet three of him. "Mrs Norris?" I sighed and dragged him in.
And after twiddling about on the floor with a medium sized box and a host of gadgets he said my problem was 29.5 meters away...
"What?" I asked like a girl
The problem was up the pole which was 29.5 meters away. So out he went and up he went and within ten minutes I was back on line.
And what a relief that was. I mean I was getting quite desperate, blogging to me is excellent therapy you see and I hadn't had anyone to yak to so I was going quite bonkers. Yakking to Henry isn't quite the same because he answers back!
Soooo.....
What have I been doing?
Having fun and working and sometimes managing to combine the two.
Tonight I'm cooking a Bouef en Daube. Which is simply beef braised very slowly in wine and stock with bacon, carrots and other good stuff.
I've opted for the Slow-Cooker method which means I won't need to keep peeping and checking.
Have a Spotted Dick planned for Sunday lunch, so looking forward to it. I might be cooking the de-luxe version which has ground almonds and raisins, but I expect I'll plump for the plain Dick.
Happy days!
Friday, 23 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Missed your words Gloria - glad you are back on line
I missed my words too Nof.
Post a Comment