He wanted to know why I wouldn't go to an Am Dram production with him on Saturday. 'You must have been joking' I said 'I don't have anything to do with actorly sorts.'
Henry was a bit pickled having been on the wine for three days but bless him it didn't stop him smoking five cigarettes in one hour. Puff puff puff...:( I wonder what his lungs look like.
'Cutting down on the sugar' he said as his rotund body shifted on the poor stool. 'And have you seen my gym stuff?'
'Ok darling and no darling'. Was my tired reply.
And as he yacked on the phone about: Councillors. The Square. Champagne. Fuses and redundancy I took myself out of the arena.
But what a weekend Henry's cleaner had.
Wore a killer dress drinking Pimm's. Gooey Pimm's. Yummy company.
Saw an old neighbour and hit him on the arm with my gloves.
"Didn't know you come here" he said eloquently
I smiled a knock-him-for-six smile.
"Sometimes. You're looking well. Gotta dash. See you in five years"
Chinese.
Bacon.
Wayward coat.
Late nights.
And then Monday came...
Drove Aleks to Henry's in the rain.
Tried to do a three point turn with the handbrake on.
And now Onken yogurt with cat love and cat hairs:)
Monday, 5 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment