When I went to Henry's today, what did I find on the settee? A rather solemn looking Walter.
'Oh no. he's not going to be here all day is he?' I thought.
"Hello Ang, I'm not feeling too good, so took the day off work"
Bad chicken? Dodgy crumble? Excessive vino? My mind was all over the place.
So I made him some tea and left him to day time t.v. while I got on with my work.
Then Henry came down.
And he was creepily quiet. Seems he had a meeting with a man and couldn't stay for our usual banter.
"Loved yesterday darling" he said making his way to the door.
I was all a flutter.
Two men. One prostrate in a little agony, the other running out on me.
But being the trouper I am, I carried on regardless.
After a couple of interrupted hours I finally got some satisfaction on the work front. I'd cleaned up a bit, done a some laundry and sprayed Henry's wine stained trousers with some pink stuff. Then tidied up the kid's clobber and piled umpteen body washes, facial things and hand creams all around her basin.
She really will have to leave.
Walter meanwhile stared at BBC 1:(
I knew that this morning's work would be horrid because 1. I was up till 10. 2. Henry and the kid are untidy and 3. My mind was so elsewhere.
But as the clock struck midday I was all but done. So I left a note for Henry detailing my attempts at stain removal and what to do with some frozen salmon.
I then drank the tea which Walter had so kindly made.
"I want a long term relationship" he said solemnly
I smiled and sipped.
"With whom?"
"The girl in the pub".
My God, how lonely is this boy?
I proffered some plain advice.
"As she's pulling your pint, tell her she looks stunning, then walk away"
"Yes ma'am, I'll try". His eyes falling to his flickering fingers
I smiled like a wise old lady, knowing that this slightly unworldly youth might have to be patient.
As I slammed the olde olde door I pondered love, blonde barmaids and the pulling power of a strong, handsome and kindly young man.
I think Walter will be fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on a successful feast. Now it is time to make Walter see the world around, I guess.
Jerry from the West Coast
Post a Comment