Open a can of peaches?
I don't think so. Musty have been having a bit of a turn when I wrote that.
Decided on a bowlful of vanilla ice cream with shaved chocolate sprinkled on top.
Canned peaches indeed!
Staying on the pud front..
I got to thinking about tomorrow's munchies...
Sliced some trifle sponges, liberally spread them with blackberry jam, placed them in a pudding bowl then laid some blackberry and apple pie filling on top. Covered this with custard and whipped cream. But no hundreds and thousands because they are so naff. And they eventually melt leaving trails of rainbow liquid all over me cream. If food is good it doesn't need messing about with.
I managed to get two trifles out of the meagre ingredients at hand, one I'll have for tomorrow's tea, the other will go to Henry to follow his pork chop casserole. I don't think there's anything more satisfying than gathering together a few ingredients and coming up with a simply smashing meal. Henry's pork chop affair will be a simple mix of lean chops, big fat onions, sliced unpeeled potatoes and fingered carrots all braised in the slow cooker for hours and hours. Just hope he remembers where it is :(
I'm back at 'work' tomorrow, God knows what I'll find, all I'm hoping is that dear Henry is lucid and not hungover. But his problems aren't mine and I won't and can't make them so. On a clear- headed day he's a joy to be with but when a vodka storm roars in, he's lost, not only to the world but to me as well.
But tonight, what about tonight?
After Googling 'contact lenses and can Varifocal users wear them' I suppose I could polish up my glasses with the hem of my skirt, rustle up a toasted cheese sandwich and be good, but I don't want to do that, what I want is to spray scent all over my bare shoulders and eat Szechuan chicken v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y... And be bad.
Goodnight All.
Sunday, 3 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment