Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Just Another Day At The Sink

I'm Henry's housekeeper. It's official.
I know that because that was how he described me this morning when an irate ex-employee popped round for a little chat...

"Tell 'them' " Henry said gently "That you couldn't see me because my housekeeper wouldn't let you in."

The loud man stood in the middle of the kitchen taking up a lot of space, he was livid yet had the calmness of a man on a mission, of a man intent on getting his point across, so being a housekeeper of some quality I legged it upstairs while they slugged it out.

After a little while I came down and the shouting man was still shouting but after a few soothing words from H, he left, apologising to me for any disturbance caused.

Henry meanwhile sat fuming, plotting revenge.
Now I know why he keeps a cosh by his bed.

On a less fraught note, I'm loving Radio 4's 'A History of the World in 100 Objects'. Today's object being a stone cutting tool.
Radio 4, a small quiet place for people of quality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Need some cold water on those tempers. Anyway watching Vertigo and trying to keep dry on the West Coast.

Jerry from the West Coast