Snooker's bad boy, Ronnie O'Sullivan is playing the Welsh potting machine, Mark Williams in the first of today's semi-finals. Never once have I supported either men, but on this occasion I'll be rooting for Williams.
Because to me, O'Sullivan has the look of a man whose done a deal with the devil.
His lifeless post match interviews show his contempt for the interviewers questions, he grunts as he slouches and finds it almost impossible to look anyone in the eye. Especially Steve Davis.
O'Sullivan is rotten to the core.
Mark Williams can play when he wants to, I'm hoping the Welshman plays today...
Tonight the man with spicy eyes, Mark 'the jester from Leicester' Selby takes on Stephen Maguire the man who is a bit of a crook. I want Mark to win for three reasons. 1. He laughs a lot even when things are going wrong. 2. He'll not easily be swayed by the partisan crowd if he meets O'Sullivan in the final and 3. He smoulders.
Yes I know that's not reason enough to support someone but what the heck, he's so good to look at.
Cooking tonight is a concoction. I've chopped, diced and sliced some chicken breasts, red peppers, chestnut mushrooms and two bananas and covered them in a marinade of orange juice, mango chutney, brown sugar, lemon juice and curry paste.
I'll make a pilau rice to serve with it along with some garlic and coriander naan bread.
To drink?
Nothing alcoholic, just a coke with ice and a slice.
To watch?
Yesterday I fell for the oldest marketing trick in the book. As I was making my way out of Sainsbury's I saw, by Customer Services, a large stand bearing loads of DVD's. And being a little tyke I handed over some money to big Cath on the till and bought "The Taking of Pelham 123".
John Travolta as the bad guy and Denzel Washington as good boy Garber, sounds like heaven to an old queen like me.
Now back to where I came in. Snooker. At the moment the score is 3-3. With O'Sullivan at the table shouldn't it be 666?
Saturday, 16 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tsk. The original Pelham 1-2-3 is a far better film on all counts. Unless you're after "smouldering" I suppose. Travolta can do smouldering on a good day.
Thanks for commenting Dig.
Love the original P123. Frenetic pace, great performances, especially by Walter Mathau...Love the Jewish Mayor and absolutely adore Robert Shaw...
"The guy has a heavy English accent, could be a fruit cake" Being one of the most memorable lines...
I'll let you know what I think of the re-make.
Post a Comment