Normal red blooded females would, at 7 in the blasted morning, be re-living the cracking shenanigans of the previous night, but not me. I was immersed in suet.
As a busy lady I always try to get jobs done in a calm efficient manner because there's nothing worse than letting chores get on top of one. So as tomorrow is my first day back at Henry's I thought I'd get ahead and do tomorrow's dinner today!
So as Monty yelled and Mr H. snorted, I limped to the screamingly bright kitchen to make a Steak and Mushroom pudding. In my nightie. It's queer, you know, how little things like a big cup of tea and a fat posing pigeon give comfort to a big kneed poet/cook. And by jolly jingo did I need comfort. The beef was achingly cold, the onions were more vicious than usual and the rolling pin had ideas of its own...But I had a job to do and do it I did.
When it was assembled I stood and looked and it was, I have to say, quite cute. A large plump pale lump sitting in a blue and white basin wanting to please its creator.
Then I had a cup of tea.
Today's nosh is a chicken, quite a small skinny one but I'll augment it with the addition of loads of veg.
I have no idea about pud, probably open a can of peaches.
I'm a woman so I need to do pink womanly things now. And no suet is involved.
Cheerio!
Sunday, 3 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment