Friday, 29 January 2010

A Yukksy-Yukksy sort of day

Communicative, 72 year old, 19 stone plumber at Henry's. The last type of person I needed today. But he did fix my hoover. Has a boat moored somewhere and talked incessantly.

Blair at the Iraq Inquiry. In the background as I clean up for the weekend. From sadness comes extreme activity and from activity, a little shine. As I wrung out my mop at the kitchen sink I saw a blackbird, a robin and a shower of snowflakes. Go away I said to the last one.

Henry was vodka quiet. Got no-one to go out with tomorrow night he said. No I can't I said. His parting shot was sweet. Get hammered darling.
No way will I get hammered. Might jump someone though and get in a pillow fight.

Now... Tea soaked sugar...:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a day - ended by snow? Our bit of the white stuff melted. The rain is gone right now. Its just me and nice cup of tea.

Jerry from the West Coast