Certainly wet and warm and full of love.
The Lovelies were as well as could be expected.
They gooed over the baked goodies and licky licky tonguey wungied over the red berry trifle. Mum's birthday presents were handled gently and smiled over, she especially liked her 'diamond' coated trinket box. Dad snorted something about 'age' and snoozed orf.
Whilst the news was on I gobbled up chicken in red wine.
Me and mum dawdled to the shops, she didn't buy anything other than a crime book, I on the other hand, kept in character, by purchasing a large metal and wicker basket, handle was the selling point. It now holds seven apples and two lemons. Methinks a fruit buying frenzy is on the cards.
One of mum and dad's older neighbours (4th floor retired postie ) told me I looked a 'million dollars'. I thanked him and strode to the lift feeling supreme.
After a long and lengthy meander through times gone past me mum dad had another pot of tea watching a muted Deal or No Deal.
Then more nattering, mostly about how important 'doing what you want' is. How doctors have a warped sick sense of humour. One chest doc saying to him 'there isn't any more we can do but with this and that we'll try to extend your plank....'
Dad declined all offers of support, but I stroked and cajoled until finally he agreed to another visit next week. Possibly with a stew.
I left quickly and silently because I don't like leaving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Many families would love to have such a loving daughter!
You tell them that!
They dont need telling. They know
Post a Comment