Friday, 6 May 2011

My lovely darlings...

How I wanted to wrap them in cotton wool and, with a snap of my fingers, click their frailties away.

Mum and me shopped, me more than her, she preferring to wait outside on account of too many people around the books.

So outside the Notting Hill Housing charity shop she leant on her trolley, meanwhile inside I tried on the most gorgeous mink coloured lace dress and as I turned this way then that way I imagined all sorts of things, things like where I'll wear it and with whom I'll share it...then I handed over cash to big boned Gloria on the till... A curvaceous purple cheeked African woman. She rattled with her armour of jewellry and her manner was as warm as toast. A real smasher. And generous too..she let me have the dress for less than the marked price.

After a fruitless dawdle around the madly over-priced YMCA shop we stopped off in Tescoes where mum bought silly chicken and canned peaches and I bought smoked mackerel, watercress and an orange.

The sun was really out now, how it blazed and boiled, so much so that I had to remove my leather jacket.
Mum's hair meringued up with the slight breeze and she took my arm as we approached The Redan. "Fancy a pint?" I asked the tee totaller
"I might as well have been a drunkard" she said remotely...

Back in doors dad was snoozing on his chair, a chair which cost a fortune and which now is so out of favour he wants shot of it...Hello....:)

After waking him up with a tap on the head and a cup of tea we sat and chatted...
The referendum fiasco.
Nick Clegg's future or lack of.
Osama Bin Laden and Cheryl Cole.

After another piece of shop bought cake mum flicked through the book I'd bought her, one about Essex Crimes of the last century.
Dad complained about the bills.
I changed bags.

Then I was out of there. And home on the train with a sicko wacko sitting next to me. If I'd been a lesser more timid little woman I'd have screamed. But I'm a wise sort, so let the idiot be.

On the drive home I didn't want to come straight home so I did a detour, going nowhere in particular, just felt the need to experience some other kind of wildlife so I drove along and down the curved lanes of Brays Lane.
Then I indicated right and came home.
Blissful.

In about a hour I'll fasten my seat belt again and go pick up Mr H. On the short journey back we'll probably talk about our day, I will of course only air the good parts...

All in all a cute day... lunch with the lovelies, the acquisition of a fab clingy lush dress and the demolition of creamy cake :)


X

2 comments:

Terry said...

So when are you parading your lace dress here? Whatever is silly chicken!!? You changed bags - do you often wear bin liners!Would not have thought black was your colour!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Terry your merry quips are the highlight of my day...And you're right of course i'm not really a black girl