Monday, 23 May 2011

A New Beginning

Monday 23rd May start of a new day, new week...

I've just checked up on the bird population...a friskiness of sparrows swirl from feeder to feeder, a pair of pigeons spying from the aerial... so generally an excellent beginning to the week.

Talking of excellence... I'll make a chicken pie later, and as usual won't stick fully to the recipe as laid down by Ms Berry, will probably tinker.

I watched Andrew Marr's interview with President Obama, his job (the President's) is clearly taking its toll, especially in the sockets under his beautiful eyes. I'm barmy enough to wonder whether Barack is strong enough for a second term, after all the election isn't that far away. If I were him I'd go to Camp David with Michelle and the nippers and take stock.

That reminds me I have a few new recipes to try which require wine shot stock, I expect a little sherry would do the job. We'll see.

Before I sign off I want to publicly thank the oodles of people who messaged me about the picture of my new frock, your compliments and generosity won't be forgotten or go unrewarded.

And now like my darling birds, I must fly..................

4 comments:

NOF said...

Yes we like the new frock too!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Big hug to you and Mrs Nof! It's amazing the power of new frock. But no more frock for now!

xx

Terry said...

Are you sure you have any sherry left for cooking!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Terry I have almost a gull gottle.