All I did was set off for the station at 22:45 last night and, on the way, pop into the garage to get some petrol..
However Road Repair Men had other ideas.
Driving along I came to ROAD CLOSED sign and DIVERTED TRAFFIC SIGN.
I don't do diversions, I get lost, all I want is to top up my little tank and pick up my husband.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
So, with a blackened sky and little juice in Alex , I set off on my tour of the Essex countryside...
Where the blue blazes was I going, this diversion was taking me all over the jolly place, along bleak roads with nothing but Cat's Eyes for lights, meandering down countryfied lanes watching out for BADGERS! I was way out of my comfort zone and so not a happy bunkins.
Eventually I arrived, and looking at my little red gas gauge I knew the ride home might prove worrying. But I soldiered on..
Getting to the station I parked up, lights off, door locked and waited and waited and waited.......
Eventually I phoned Mr H asking "where are you light of my life " (I think that's what I warbled)
Just left Stratford.......he said... Should be with you in 45 minutes................
Tonight due to craters under eyes I will go to bed early leaving Mr H. to make his own way home....(I can be hard)
My trip to Southend this morning was awful...I was so tired and out of sorts that I reversed into a bush. No harm done to me or motor, just a few shunted petals:)
Now I must get on, have a load of baking to do. Mum's birthday tomorrow you see so will make her favourite fancies, Madeleines, also have a small pot plant for her and a pink sparkly jumper:)
But first tea and bottle of Pro-Plus!
Tuesday, 17 May 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is that the jumper you took off yesterday? Driving into bushes and did you not damage your garden wall recently! Maybe you need new glasses or more lessons- perhaps Mr H can help there!!!
tWICE MY GARDEN WALL HAS BEEN 'DAMAGED'.
once by drunken youths and once by me when I knocked down a little pillar.
just goes to show what drunks can do!
Post a Comment