Monday, 4 June 2012

Driving Mr H. To Station Planning The Day Ahead..

Tea. In new teapot. As yet unstained. It is sitting in the middle of the kitchen table waiting to be christened by a pint of Sainsbury's Gold Label. Probably make a cuppa after penning this then it's housework all the way to lunchtime. Talking of food I poached myself an egg this morning, the small thing waddling in the simmering water like a footless duck.

Baking a cake. Probably a moist dark Gingerbread. Although I have a few dodgy lemons in the fruit bowl, might use those up first.

Reading magazines. 'Homes and Gardens'...Intended for rich people who already own the contents of the magazine and bungalow dwellers like me, who yearn for a thatched cottage with a wonky white gate and green Aga.... and open windows with violets in crystal jugs on the polished windowsill.
Homes and Gardens is like advertising, it is aspirational.

'Yours' for the over 50's, content being geared towards healthy or partly healthy grans who support their families and love their country, uber efficient retired active women who run marathons for health and charities, and women who clean for a living or work in Asda. If any of the aforementioned women are single then Yours has a lonely hearts page only it isn't called lonely hearts...It's called Seeking Romance and if you don't fancy sex then turn over the page to Seeking Friendship. "Female,57 non-smoker, cat lover, big fan of the Osmonds ....

Wrestling with Monty. He's been missing his floor tussles. Oh and by the way...so have I;) Especially with him.

After disinfecting my cat inflicted scratches I'll be orf to see Mum, who, by the way phoned earlier this morning asking for more women's things....Will do my two hour bedside stint then limp out for a CostaPacket hot chocolate (will secrete about my person a biscuit which I'll nibble on in the corner away from the fit boys manning the till)
Then back to the ward for more chat, re-filling of plastic beakers with orange squash, patients yelling for commodes and.........holding hands;)

Won't bother to go home I'll be bedside till 8pm then home to Monty. Mr H. being on a late shift so will have time to watch a film before heading to station at 11pm to pick him up which, if memory serves me correctly, is where I came in!


:)

1 comment:

Terry said...

Sounds like cakemaking got forgotten