Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Gorgeously sultry day.
I'm all bare arms and ankles!

Did the usual shop dash, mum buying some more books and me getting a pair of decent shoes for Mr H.
For myself? A red and white floral sleeveless frock with patch pocket. It isn't a maxi so my knees will be showing.

All was going ok till mum started crying by the paperbacks.
I felt helpless as her head dipped and my heart punched, what could I do except put my arms around her shoulders.
"I'm thinking about the baby" she sobbed (baby being a term of affection she had for dad).
I was powerless and that's the problem with dealing with grief, however extensive your vocabulary when you need words they just don't come.

Then we popped into the new Sainsburys where we loaded up another basket with doughnuts, chicken and Hovis wholemeal.
As I parked up mum by the papers, I had a laugh with the girl manning the till.
"£19:15" she said Essexly
"Oooh, the year I was born" I piped up doing a mock crotchety bend over.
The wee thin red haired thing doubled up.
It feels so good putting on a brave face...



Tennis and sausage roll now:)

No comments: