Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Only bit of banter I had today was in Sainsburys.
The woman behind and the lad on the till.
Woman bumped into me and we got talking about wine, swedes and husbands.
She loves the first, hates the second and lost the third two years ago.

"Is that your mum?" she asked as I pushed mum up to the carrier bags.
"Yep, having a day out" I piped up feeling as if my back would break if I shoved mum around for much longer.
But push her I did. First to hospital, then for groceries, then to Oxfam.
It was lovely being in the sunlight.

The 20 something lad on the till who has a physical deformity loves me very much. How do I know that? Because he blushes and finds it difficult to talk. He did chance his arm though as I dropped a turnip in me bag.
"You like Baldrick?"
Oh yes I thought. Blackadder and all that.
"Of course I do" I replied "I love all men with ear hair and no brain"
He absolutely chuckled.... so much so that he forgot to hand back me Nectar card...We parted without major grudges being held....
All in all the till experience was a good one.


Back home to a fish pie...

Tonight I'm having a footie party, will be serving homemade Cornish Pasties and beans and, for afters, Lemon Puddle Pudding and cream.

I can't wait.

P.S.
Rooney the new Pele?
Not in my lifetime Guv!

No comments: