Mum's wheelchair wasn't delivered. Will be on the phone tomorrow morning...
Mid-morning the docs told mum she would be released this very day.
Mid-afternoon they'd changed their minds. Words failed me.
Mum got very upset indeed.
Managed even to upset me!
Where was I she asked.
On my way I said.
Not good enough.
I should have been there to sort things out to talk to the nurse who said mum could leave today. Find her mum said and find out when I'm leaving.....
My gentle reassurances fell on stony ground. Nothing I said cut through her desperation. So I walked out and sat in in the relatives room. For five minutes.
My wrist is swollen. Some kind of reaction I suppose. Probably due to stress and mum's vitriolic attack on me. I felt, for the first time, like running away and leaving it to the doctors to re-home her.
My hair got wet faffing around in the car park. I hated my lipstick. Pink? Why did I choose pink? I love red. Mind a bit burnt out I supposed. I wanted comfort., that was for sure. So drove to Henry Higgins in Southend for rock and chips.
Fish finished I....
puddled my way to Boots to buy a new foundation cream. Cameo by Maybelline. Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it'll be fine. Dewy, creamy and as light and fair as a ghost. I loathe heavy make-up, just enough is needed to even out my complexion, and make it look and feel good enough to be kissed and wondered about.
Mr H. isn't home yet. Time 22:49. "Won't be home till 2 at earliest" he moaned into my ear. Something about tech failures or something.
I said nothing words failing me yet again.
So now I fly most willingly to bed leaving behind a stinker of a day but in my handbag a small glass pot of natural beauty:)
Thank you Maybelline:)
Thursday, 7 June 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Here's some words that may help you
Gloria - from a book called Life 101.
"Relax. Accept what's already taken place - whether done by you or something outside of you. Then look for the lesson. You might not enjoy
everything that happens in life, but you can enjoy the fact that no matter what happens "there a lesson in there somewhere."
Thanks Mr and Mrs Nof.
I'm learning well!
I'm learning not only about myself but about the generosity of others...
x
Foundation cream but your skin looks perfect to me
Terry you are a dear sweet man but a bit mental!
Post a Comment