Thursday, 14 June 2012

We are not Sad. We are Wise.

After mum's blood test this morning we drove in fabulous sunlight to the charity shop.

2 skirts.
3 blouses.
5 books.

Joan served us, her red shining face a picture of well maintained health and happiness. I like Joan. But as she bagged up our goodies I wished that I could syphon off some off her effervescent juices and drip them into my pale limp wheelchair seated mum.
Mum's cancer has travelled from her breasts and infiltrated her bones and possibly her liver too so yesterday's doc trip was hot, mad and head- bangingly painful.

Later that day...We chatted over tea, her on her bed me on the edge of the settee. And then she said something which just about sums her up.
"Why should I get away with it?"
She wasn't angry or bitter not even surprised she just accepted it like another cup of tea.

I'm making us something to eat after writing this then I'll be cooking all afternoon. I'm hoping she jumps out of bed and zimmers her way to the kitchen so we can share EVERYTHING. The sunshine coming through the windows, and the juicy but gut wrenching news about Harry Redknapp.

Life goes on H.

:)

2 comments:

Terry said...

Nothing more to be said. You have said it all precisely. Mt thoughts are with you

NOF & Mrs NOF said...

Your Mum's acceptance of the situation must be a comfort to you.
Our thoughts are with you both too.