Sunday, 10 June 2012

Worst thing to happen yesterday apart from calling in the doc to sort out mum's bad reaction to a certain drug, was my abysmal Gingercake. I was not happy. An excellent gingercake should be moist. Mine was dry.
But despite multi-tasking (cooking/entertaining/running back and forth to save mum) I still had the chutzpah to serve the sad cake to guests.

And so...
After a busy evening I went to bed only to be woken twice...(by you know who). 2 am and 3:45 am.
But amidst the tears and fears all I thought about was the Gingercake.
You see there wasn't much I could for mum, not any more, and that's a sobering thought so for sanity's sake I pondered my next great bake...:)
A damn fine dark sticky gingercake... second to none...


So pleased the French Open is on telly, feels safe and lovely watching Nadal v. Djokovic. All I need to go with them is tea and a nice roast chicken:)


Tomorrow I'll be at the hospital all day (9:30 to at least 3:30 I expect) so will, I suppose, miss England v. France. Being an optimist though I'm hoping the docs whizz bang through her appointments.
ITV 1... 4pm.... Cannot wait:)

Enjoying all the build-up to a big match is part of the fun. So cross digits we're home, intact, tearless and watching Roy's Boys take on Lauro's Garcons.

Now I must fly
.....
:)

2 comments:

Hairy Suit said...

Cake is allways welcome,never found a bad one yet, and cooks allways feel dis-satisfied. If the guests enjoyed it as I am sure they did it was perfect.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank you HS

I feel much better.