Tuesday, 30 October 2012

A Couple of Ladies. A non stop post....

Off we went to the market where lots of people relaxed amongst the various stalls all of which were loaded with this and that and essentials like bird food, cow ears, umbrellas, dish cloths lipsticks and foamy bananas I loved it today and so did mum she even spoke to someone inside the charity shop which nudges the bank I nearly fell over the painted lady guarding the till was rather grand and mum seemed to approve and I liked her too so all well
We dithered outside Greggs on account of cackles of  young women trying to control their pink clothed charges how untidy they all looked not an ounce of finess or glamour mum decide she'd like a sausage roll so I queued up and bought one from Irene who smiled and looked a little flustered it was hot in the bakers then with mum munching we made our way to the RSPCA shop where I bought an old fashioned glass water jug mums crumbs littering the floor like brown dandruff and so we keft the shop in a mess and headed to Alans the dry cleaners where a round faced woman gave me my ticket for two pairs of trousers the cost being nearly £10 then into see Joan whose blooded up face broke into a smile the size of a boomerang God I love Joan we hugged and nattered she telling me all about her daughter's illness and how she went to Southend after being told about the cancers suddenly I felt right at home I left Joan to deal with a male customer who reminded me of Baldrick I scanned the weighty shelves not finding anything for myself or mum who by the way was in the car her insistence on staying car bound came as a great big whopping surprise but she's the invalid and what she wants she get I then mourhed bye bye to Joan who was still entangled in the chatterings of Baldrick but Joan being Joan left him standing as she hugged me to death kissing me firmly on my righht cheek telling me not to forget her when baking day comes around

I won't I said and ran towards mother whose pasty face made me want to vomit but I didn't I drove to the chemist had a chat with auburn haired Veronica and picked up my prescription my prescription.


No comments: