.........Walking in the rain with mother, jar of Malt Extract and giant fry pan (big enough to hold cat) I love it. So much fun in the charity shops with mum asking for non-existent gloves and me buying the ugliest faux ostrich handbag. Still, we had a laugh:)
Then local mini Sainsburys for washing powder and custard tarts. My protestations regarding the tarts fell on old deaf ears, she much preferring shop bought fancies to my fruity tea bread and choco/vanilla marbled ring. Silly old girl.
The Malt Extract will be used in the baking of little loaves containing sultanas and other yummies, can't wait to play with it. Apparently it's used as a food supplement too for people who, like mother, are off their food and on their last legs.
Being 'cooked' today are two Sainsburys beef puddings which'll be steamed for an eternity and served with tatties and sprouts. Mr H, bless him, won't be included in the sharing of this mum ordered feast on account of him working the dark late shift.
And so bearing that in mind I'll dose myself up on coffee in order to stay perky for the deep long drive to the station (2 miles) as the clock strikes midnight.
I have a million things to do this afternoon ( phone calls regarding blood letting, ironing, fixing clothes horse, general household mismanagement and watching Tories on the telly......so.... I'd better crack on
Recipe book of tea time delicacies. All I need now is a small fireside table and doilies:)
Also bought this morning a pair of deliciously soft salmon pink leather gloves.
Monday, 8 October 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My Dear Gloria...... Walking in the rain, pink gloves, monster frying pans, acceding to mother's poor choice compared to home spun deliciousness, loving enough to incorporate the extract (is that a double negative positive sort of moment he he), fixing fixtures & fittings...... do your style, taste, capacity to care and practicality no no bounds? You are truly wonderful xx
If I'm wonderful then you are too...A man who supports, cares, manages his home, has a career and takes time to help me too! Beautiful xx
Fancy that you buying an handbag!!!!
Post a Comment