The Labour Party Conference amidst a day of cooking and loving.
I'm in my element.
More later....
It is now later...
Made large white loaf, another Yorkshire Teabread (better than previous one) a rich dark bolognaise sauce for tomorrow's lasagne (bechamel coming later). So plenty of cooking done this morning. After a little sit down and light munchies I'll make tonight's Fisherman's Pie.
Smoked haddock and canned tuna in white sauce topped with layer of sliced tomatoes and covered in creamed potatoes. Usually serve peas with this gorgeous pie and tonight barring madcap ideas will again serve peas.
Pudding will be something light and fuss free, probably remainder of yesterday's crumble.
I'm leaning heavily though towards a chocolate puddle.
I love cooking, as you can clearly see, but sometimes my meticulousness for doing things right...in other words doing it myself... sometime gives me the pip. Why I can't open a packet or raid the freezer occasionally like wiser housewives beats me.
Ok self deprecating rant over.
So before fish pie and choc pud... leg stretch, ham roll and horror flick.
Monday, 1 October 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mmmm, cooking sounds wonderful, loving, even better.
You cannot open a packet or take from freezer because you love hands-on cooking which is completed with love and attention. Besides what would you do with all that free time!
Post a Comment