Saturday, 13 October 2012

 The exquisite silver lining....only wish there was one in my current list of concerns. However I fear not. Constant worries and fears over mum is making even the jolliest of shopping trips a heavy tiring event. We're both worn out, like the soles on our old shoes, like my broken splitting nails, like her bent body. But beauties like this bag shed intermittent sparkles of light in my increasingly dark existence..
The bag of my dreams...As a child I was influenced by Mary Poppins and have loved large bags ever since, especially carpetbagger types. First one I bought was when I was 18, it cost £10 which was a great deal of money then but I was able to get it because I was earning at the time. This one cost £34 and I am not earning but through careful financial management of my Carers Allowance I can once again pull out a lampshade from a bottomless cavernous interior!


It hasn't been good today.
The aforementioned mother can barely stay upright and has lost her appetite again. But it'll come back she reassured me before again falling asleep. She's a warrior of sorts who doesn't talk to God anymore because, she said, he doesn't do anything. Her hand tightened around mine as she said that and I too wondered about the Almighty but serves no purpose to rile Him he already has all the cards.

Tonight before we watch The X Factor we'll be eating Chicken Breasts in Honey and Apple sauce, served with couscous, I'll have some soup in a saucepan though just in case mum prefers it. Pudding will be zingy Lemon Puddle Pudding with Ice Cream.


Now I must fly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


2 comments:

Terry said...

Whenever you fly dont forget the handbag!. Hate to think what you put inside and the weight!!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Surprisingly enough it isn't heavy at all!