Wednesday, 3 October 2012

A few thoughts

........Mum's been a diamond today. Behaving impeccably when nursie suggested yet another drug change. Must be all the fine food and books she's been devouring lately. Crime novels and ham rolls seemingly ideal partners.

.........The nice Sainsbury's delivery man (bespectacled over 60 smelling of soap) delivered 99% of my online order, the only upset being the non availability of dried Marjoram. All the other essentials though were brought to the door on time...nay...a smidgen ahead of the arranged time. Still, at least I was dressed. And very nicely too I may add. I resisted the warm urge to banter with the bearded giant suffice to say his short visit was without laughter.

............The bells from Mother warning of imminent arrival of aforementioned nurse Margie, big lady with breasts like ill-set blancmanges, her rapid attention to mum's blood pressure, blood sugar level and bed sores was admirable. She was gorn within ten minutes. And that's what mum and me good aching self prefer. She's not a talker is Marge.

......Major clean up of dusty furniture in drawing room aka front room, I do not and never have said 'lounge' as 'lounge' is something in airports. And the only flying that goes on in the bungalow is me dashing from one room to the other to appease and please mother. Her requests, bless her, are endless. Especially for pink drinks and ladies intimate apparel. Recently I was under her bed looking for a book when suddenly stuck right in my face was a pair of tights she'd lost a month or so ago.


..........Talking of beds. I'll be doing hers later.


.......Food. I have another loaf proving. Only this time I've enriched the dough with a little milk. Should be interesting, so I can't wait till later this afternoon when I whip it from the oven inspecting every inch.

...Also going in the oven is a beef casserole. Picked  up a Swede yesterday so half of that will be used. The other half in some Cornish type Pasties later in the week, probably Friday.
If I have time I'll make a lemon pudding.

........Harking back......Yesterday I watched Ed Miliband's impressive speech. The boy is out of the shadows methinks. A breathtaking without notes Blairish in style onslaught about all what's wrong in Cameron's Britain and how beautiful life will be in a One Nation Britain with dear leader Milipede at the helm. I loved it.

..........My knees are better.


............Talking of better. Mr Hairy Suit took Mother and I in his modern car all the way to the hospital and back again with a quick lovely detour to Rochford market where the suave fit Hairy pounced on a decent miltary style looking jacket in the RSPCA charity shop. Suits him. Takes years orf him too. I on the other hand bought a large black hat and red cape. Oh my giddy aunt I love them. What else? Oh lots of plums. Back to Hairy....I think he enjoyed his foray into the unquestionably murky underbelly of couture.

......As mum split her solitary Weetabix this morning she said I looked lovely.


............Last weekend's X Factor drove me potty. I found the incessant sobbing of every wannabee tiring and boring. If it carries on like this The X Factor will live no more. It is formulaic to the point of embarrassment.

.......Now I must fly. I hear bells................

3 comments:

The Hairy Suit said...

The trip in the modern car was my pleasure, well the doing something for you and mother bit anyway, as you know I much prefer the drafts, ratles, noise and charm of the re-assuringly tactile and stylish classics. The forey into the murky underbelly of coture was a revelation and the prize of my new jacket, I not only like, but am firmly hooked on the whole experience. The bread was a delight and other cooking triumphs at your hands will surely be a beautiful thing. All the best Gloria

The Hairy Suit said...

Maybe once past the emotional selections at judges (oooh look at my gorgeous) houses, we can enjoy the X factor together this week?

Terry said...

Are you getting ready for early Halloween with black hat and red cape? or another victim for Sherlock Holmes!