...........Square Gingerbread baking. Love the way the warm milk froths when I add the bicarb.
..........Pizza for tonight so have some bread dough proving on the windowsill, wondering what the pigeons think as they hop around picking and pecking seeds and nuts. Window is closed so not a chance of them, any of them, entering the bungalow.
Seeing as National Baking Week is coming to its end I thought I'd go all out today by making some lovely tea time goodies.
Gingerbread, as I've said, is baking. Will if time and thighs allow, attempt to make a batch of Custard Cream Biscuits. Found the recipe in Jo Wheatley's new book. Seems simple enough just need to hunt down some unwarped baking tins.
Talking of cookies, I made oatie ones recently which went down well with everyone, went soft after a couple of days but still tasted delicious:)
Also being baked is a large regular white loaf.
If I'm still awake after all that I'd love to make another Jo recipe, this one for Jam Tarts. I have plenty of jam; blackcurrant and raspberry and strawberry, would have liked some apricot but am too bushed to do yet another Co-Op run.... So red tarts it is then!
Poetic Moment.......
I'm lost when baking.
Lost in the bowl of happiness
Don't come and find me
Because I like it there
Saturday, 20 October 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment