Monday, 3 November 2008

Barry's Big Day Beckons

The election for the most powerful man on the planet takes place tomorrow.
And I can't wait to jump between Sky News and BBC News24 catching all the latest info on what's occurring over the Pond.

Mr Obama is maintaining a steady lead over Mr McCain but will the results match what the pollsters are being told or will it be a case of the 'Bradley' effect. Whereby voters said they would be voting for Tom Bradley, an African American who was running for Governor of California in 1982 but when voters entered the polling booths they changed their minds.

Like I've said on numerous occasions, I'm no expert on American politics but I hope the American people give Barack (Barry) Obama a chance, a chance to smooth over the frenzied brows of worried Americans. And also it'd be nice to see a younger woman in the shape of Michelle Obama rustling the feathers of the pristine White House brigade, I can imagine her re-arranging the furniture in the Oval Office making it feel like a home from home for her husband.
The Obama's remind me of John and Jackie Kennedy, not that I'm quite old enough to remember them that well, but I love the idea of fresh faced Barack and his pretty wife whipping up a storm in the corridors of Washington.
Their kids Malia and Natasha might brighten up the joint as well.
Well we don't have long to wait now...

I've been totally engrossed in the whole thing, and was often caught watching both the Vice Presidential and Presidential debates wearing my pyjamas like a kid watching The Simpsons only I didn't as laugh much, I just drank in the electrifying atmosphere and wished we here in Britain could put on such a superb piece of political theatre like our Cousins. But we're just an island jam packed with bitchy old queens who love slapping posh and pleb wrists and then sneering as yet another plumped up politician falls on his arse.
The American conventions are pure Broadway, we however do The Kings Theatre, Worthing!

Anyway, not long for your Queen to wait and as she does so she's wiping away tears, tears of disbelief as one of my favs in The X Factor got clobbered on Saturday. Austin was in a sing off with my other fav Rachel and the judges decided in their weird wisdom that the Essex boy should go. I was mortified, but I expect it won't be the last we see of him.

On the Horsehound agenda today:
Starting a shopping list. I'm getting older and things are taking longer to achieve so...
Looking for cake recipes (again) My cake recipes are poetry to me.
Doing something with a stiff brush after four.

No comments: