Roast Chicken (medium sized unstuffed and on its own in the tin)
Sage and onion stuffing (home made because I like tons of sage)
Glazed parsnips and carrots (smothered in pepper, butter, lemon juice, brown sugar and honey)
Roast Pots (big crunchy ones)
Steamed cabbage (buttered, peppered and sea salted)
* * * * * * * * * * *
Apple Crumble and custard (a real proper pudding for a chilly Autumn day)
* * * * * * *
For tea
Chicken sandwiches (with the crusts cut orf)
Last of Friday's Bakewell Tart (which was baked in a roasting tin on account of me feeling all rustic and homely.
Sunday, 9 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mmm sounds delicious. Im not doing a roast today, Sirloin steak with button mushrooms and home made bread pudding!
Busy ironing & packing for holiday!
What's cooking at MY house today:
Ham and potato soup with homemade buttermilk biscuits and baked acorn squash with butter and brown sugar. For dessert, a deep-dish apple pie.
We don't do "tea" over here, just a little afternoon snack is what we have which will probably be pickled bologna and cheese and crackers. I'm going to watch American football all day, too!
Had a great family reunion yesterday. All nine of us kids gathered for a turkey dinner along with some family friends.
Gotta run and do some housework because it's back to work tomorrow.
See you then, I hope!
Your American Duchess
I like the sound of your buttermilk biscuits. I think over here we'd call them crackers.
I love making soup, on of my favs being Pea and Bacon, I usually have garlic bread with it.
I'm glad to hear the family reunion went well, you'll have to tell me all about your turkey dinner!
Me got to dash now because I'm making some chicken sandwiches.
I'll look out for you tomorrow afternoon :)
Post a Comment