Thursday, 13 November 2008

My Muse, Monty and Dad's Meatballs

My Muse has gone away, and I miss her.
I've been struggling to write something, something beautiful or even mediocre but each time my fingers hovered over the keyboard they looked like a ten legged spider with nowhere to go.
With no poetry flowing I've had to read again past efforts, I've even toyed with the idea of editing some, which is anathema to me. Where's my Muse? I thought she liked me.
With very little literary creativity going on today I'll consign myself to the kitchen and make beautiful things in there.
So, with a visit to the old London people tomorrow, I'll be making up a food parcel which will not only contain the ubiquitous cake but half a dozen Meatballs! Dad's decided to get dangerous and risk some queer gear.

On my agenda today:
Quick dash to the shops for Passata, naans and toothpaste.
Make Meatballs in an anglicized Italian tomato sauce.
Make Latimer Beef for tomorrow night and fridge it.
Make an old people's cake. Madeira probably.
Watch Monty watching pigeons. Got a great pic of that...
Re-arrange dust in all rooms.
Tuna sandwich and crisps for lunch about one.
Try to snatch forty winks sometime after two.
Post-lunch but pre-winks, fantasize about The X Factor's Daniel coming round to clean my fantasy swimming pool.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what do you think about Laura getting the boot from the X factor? We're spitting feathers down here I think Loius Walsh only voted her off because he wanted his group to sail through to the finals. We're sticking up for little Eoghan now.
Another good laugh Glo as per usual,

Anonymous said...

You can play with my meat ....s anytime!!!