Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Shut Up Gordon. Forever.


And about time too.
Someone's said it.
It's official.
Gordon Brown is the worst public speaker of all time and in all the world.

Every time I hear that man my heart sinks. His lifeless, passion free utterances leave me head banging myself to sleep. "Go away Scotty" I beg but he doesn't, he stays, just to annoy me. He's an irritating, humour free, blundering politician whose patted down hairstyle makes him look like a Victorian murderer. And if that isn't bad enough, when he shuffles his bits of paper around, he reminds me of an awkward, blundering, ham fisted headmaster whose only joy in life is sucking on strong mints.

"Please go" I often say as his mighty elephantine hands continually tap sheets of paper on the despatch box, his irritating lumbering style at PMQ's leaves me calling for Cameron. But the prickly Scot hangs on, both to his bits of paper and his job.
So Gordon Brown, although handsome in a solemn kind of way, is the worst deliverer of speeches ever. He hasn't risen to the task of being Prime Minister, so when he finally whimpers away, he'll be left looking for a new job and possibly a new voice coach.

Thank you very much, I've had my say.

Now Mrs Horsehound's humdrum stuff.

Cooking a fat steak tonight. For pud, a diaphanous slice of carrot cake. Calorie counting...

Will re-arrange a jug of artificial roses, probably put them against the window as opposed to leaning against the wall. They'll look fine pressing their peachy heads against dusty glass.

Some daffodils are opening. Buttery sunlit yellow. Beautiful and simple. Eagerly awaited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now that we know exactly how you feel about Mr. Brown Hahaha, although he can't be as bad as George W. Bush. That man was a blithering idiot. I'm sooooo glad Mr. Obama is in office now. He's kickin' ass and takin' names! (Just an American saying...I know how much you love to hear them.) I should compile a list for you someday...maybe when I send Flips!!!

I'm soaking my chicken in an Italian salad dressing marinade to be grilled with garlic and herb mashed potatoes and corn. I'm in the mood for a nice bottle of wine, too. (or maybe 5 bottles will get me through this day) Maybe a Pinot Grigio perhaps....and then some nice quiet time with the Duke <3 (My kids taught me that symbol was supposed to be a heart)

Having a perfectly shitty day today....want to run away somewhere warm and where there are no people. My job is on the line and I just don't know what to do about it. Everytime I think I'm on track, somebody fucks me over. I play by the rules but apparently nobody else does. I guess it's fuck them before they fuck you. You can keep this post private if the swear words offend you or any of your readers....sorry.

Oh and it's snowing..GAH!!!!

I've just rambled on here today...I think I'm losing my mind. Have you seen it anywhere?

Your Duchess who is in a crappy mood. :(

Gloria Horsehound said...

You're a fabulous woman.

I don't mind you saying fuck. Sometimes it's the only word we CAN use. So use it.

<3 Love you Duch.