After nastily waking the birds up at 4:45 I decided that today was going to be GOOD! Groaning around the living room at such a disgusting hour is not the ideal way to spend Saturday morning but it has its compensations. Compensations like having time to do things.
So after some sugar I verily ran to the pet shop to stock up on bird food, then, with a struggling sun making my baggy eyes weep, I toddled back home.
"Ok" I said "Let's get me apron on and do stuff". So...I've marinated two chicken legs, some chopped red and green peppers and two whopping bananas. The marinade is a fruity currified one and is an old favourite of ours. As I was de-skinning the chicken my mind wandered away to Sunday teatime! "Oh crumbs" I thought " "What's an old Queen to do?" Then I had a brainwave, albeit a small one...Pizza. So I very quickly made some Pizza dough and it's now sitting on the sunny windowsill. Rise you blighter, rise! Topping will be concocted later. Probably 5 p.pm or thereabouts.
Now coffee with two sugars.
After the caffeine I'll make a trifle for tomorrow. Then it's video time. Not going to watch anything, just want to record about four hours of American Idol which is on ITV2 this afternoon:)
Then later tonight, lipstick, perfume and de-skinned poultry legs.
Other irrelevances:
1.Saw a small child on a very small pony. The horselett and jockeyette were coming towards me, just as I turned into my road. They were of course accompanied by two sturdy looking men. Both quite old and dressed in dirty vicious anoraks. I dipped my head as they passed. I wasn't wearing much make-up.
2.Moles are making holes in my garden.
3. Jehovah's Witnesses turned up just after 10. Mob handed of course.
Saturday, 7 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment