Friday, 6 August 2010

No Oral Yet

I made El Doc laugh!

And after he'd gurgled he told me to take six Sulphasalazine tabs instead of four and to return to his private room in ten days if there's no improvement.
And then and only then would he administer something "Orally Steroidal". "It's our last resort" he said with a worryingly weak smile.

"Orally Steroidal?" I repeated

"Yes, Steroidal" he repeated "Orally"

Wot, no joint injection?" I said scared stiffily.
"No! Orally".
"Righty Ho Oral it is" I smiled, lowering my hem back to a decent lady like position.

What a relief I thought as I limped out into the sunlit car park. Dr Castanets obviously considers me some kind of Superwoman who tolerates pain very well. And he would be right of course I am a tolerant woman.

On the way back to the bungalow I needed some NSA fun so dropped in on the old girls in the charity shop by the tanning salon.
Wherein I bought a coffee coloured ceramic chicken.

Thank You!

P.S. I shall be emailing The Sun newspaper after I've had a Mango yoghurt on account of them wanting youngsters (16-21) to send in a little writing in the hope of getting Column inches.
Blast yer eyes Sir.
I wrote to The Sun in 1972 asking for a job and they shoved me off with some stupid advice about getting 'O' levels....

No comments: