Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Happy Bunny

Photinia Red Robin. Dug a hole in the middle of the lawn and put it in.

Spent the morning in the playground.

No, I haven't been swinging back and forth or getting wedged on the slide I've been on my knees sowing/planting roses, poppies, stock Virginia and my fav, photinia red robin. Before I indulged in the easy bit I did the hard bit. Digging. But yet as the fork went in I felt nothing 'cept joy at being alive, pretty heavy uh? But it's true, as I bedded down the red robin making sure it was safe with no gaps I felt at one with all. All the worms I dislodged, (sorry mate) the ladybird as she scurried and, of course, the birds. How they sung.

Whether or not it's because it's sunny or the wind light or whether it's because I'm doing something with pork tonight, I don't know. Don't care either, all I can say is that for a couple of hours I felt good.
And when someone prone to melancholia feels like a million she really feels like a million.
So it was this morning that after I'd bought the papers, fed mum, did her foot and checked my inbox :( I thought how refreshing it would be to do a bit o' gardening...
And it was.
I like getting dirt under my nails and having a runny nose, makes me feel all countryfied, backs to the land and all that what ho! I would love a horse. Manure doesn't frighten me.

I won't be playing out any more today so I'll leave off doing the other rose bush (Twice In A Blue Moon) until the spirit grabs me. Again.
And my hands resemble human hands:(

As I write the sun is still there shedding light on old weeds, badly pruned stuff, greying old rosemary stumps and of course the New Kids on the Grass....:)

Cooking tonight:
For mum. Cod and veg
For Mr H and myself. Nasi Goreng.
Pudding will definitely be Lemon Puddle and evaporated milk.
Also being baked a large white loaf, nothing like early morning toast spread with Duerrs marmalade.

And on that happy note I bid thee farewell.
X

No comments: