Friday, 16 March 2012

On the menu

*Minestrone soup

*Munchkins cakes

*Pork chops with sage and onion crust

I won't make gallons of soup as it's only for mum and me but there will be heaps... of that I can assure you! It won't be a pukka Italian Minestrone of course but my version, which is a bit scary. All sorts going in the pot, savoy cabbage, carrots, bacon, rice, onions and tomatoes. Might make some Irish Soda rolls too.

The Munchkins have been requested so I will do as I'm told....With love of course. I must though make more of an effort with the delicate chocolate lids, I tend to attack rather than mollycoddle.
Blame it on excitement.

For once I'm going to do something different with the blasted chops, dipping in egg then dipping in sage and onion stuffing mix, then fry in oil and butter till crisped and brown. Yum. Veggies on the side? Sprouts probably.

Just a quick look outside, bare soil and birds, a lovely stillness and light breeze making the potted chives tremble.

2 comments:

Guernsey Girl said...

Hi again - you do make me laugh - the humour bubbles out of your blogs. If you get time, come over and follow mine...

Marilyn

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Marilyn, It's such a tonic making a good lady like yourself chuckle.
I'm checking your blog and have left a couple of comments.

Gloria