Friday, 9 March 2012

Never a moment's peace

So I'm as glad as glad can be that I'll be in London for the weekend!

Bought mum a new duvet today, had a rewarding chat with nursey, popped to the blasted Co-Op, cleaned the bird bath... hate to think any of my little friends with tummy upset due to my neglect. Refilled feeders. Stared at front garden wondering what to do. Then stared at back garden wondering what to do. I have inklings but never seem to have the time to either plan or execute my ideas.
Hoovered.
Washed mum then did her bed sores with good cream. Her NHS coverings are ok but slide off easily due to a sliding mum.
Nursey will come no more. So we were relieved and made happy by that. But good old Nursey told me what to do regarding wounds re-opening...
Faffed around with bags, saucepans and plastic pill holders.
Changed bedding. Again.
Ate two digestive biscuits leaning against the kitchen sink not giving a hoot about hip size. I love my kitchen sink it gives me a window onto the world. Had window wide open. Needed the fresh air.
Stood in garden talking to a blackbird.
Varnished mum's legs. Put her in her new purple nightie and made lots of leek soup.
Haven't watched a blasted thing on the telly which, in times past has saved me from feelings of utter despair, no time now for such luxury.
And I recorded a neat horror/thriller the other night too, called HUSH. When I'll watch it is anyone's guess.

As I type a pound of haddock is simmering in a pint of milk. A fish pie in the making. For Mr H and mama tomorrow.
Some pork, rice and veg are waiting to be made into Nasi Gorgeng. For Mr H and me tonight.
While I do all that a heap of laundry is hanging over the back of the armchair waiting to be flattened. I will do THIS.

Once upon a time I had sweet little harmless schedules now I don't. My day-to-day business is run at speed and I don't like speed. I prefer taking things easy and accessing my text messages and emails when I see fit. I can't always do that now. I love my mum but this love is costing me my independence.

So when I go to London tomorrow to visit my mate I'll drink too much, eat too much and forget about Love.

No comments: