Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Friday Fun Anyone?

When I write my shopping list later today there'll be fancies to chomp on, to savour, for when we watch England v. Peru on Friday night.
For our tea I expect, infact I know, I'll be making bowls of something.... or other...... Chilli possibly or even some kind of chickeny one pot thing. Probably plump for the bird.
As kick-off isn't till 20:00 hrs there'll be ooodles of time to cook.
Can't wait!

Lisa popped in yesterday tea time to do my hair she also gave Mother a bob. Lisa's a funny woman, not in a comic sort of way, she rarely cracks a joke or dabbles in double entendre, but in an monosyllabic uncreative I don't have a clue what you're talking about sort of way. Mention anything other than pubs and she's lost. Still, I like her.

Tennis from the French Open will be on my tv screen this morning, I'll  have to push the mute button though when Andy from the palliative care team arrives. He's coming to look at Mother's feet. And slip in gentle words of support for me.
Oh dear, oh Mother, what have you done to me?

Has the pressure of looking after you damaged my ticker?
Deidre, the nurse practitioner almost hugged me yesterday after my consultation. And, after telling me to have a check it all blood test and ECG, she worried me with her parting words...
"You MUST take things easy".

So on the drive home my imagination went beserk.
Was I about to keel over? Would I need a pacemaker? Will I see 58? But being an optimist I answered myself. Hope not. Doubt it. Of course.

Mother has no real idea of what is going on. She lives in the squalor of her imagination that sees her living at home again. With help of course. And so many times I've had to be brutally honest by informing her that being independent isn't on the cards. My love.

But today, as I sit here feeling funky with my cool haircut, all I want to think about is Friday:)





4 comments:

Linda Metcalf said...

Hope all medical reports return as good. and do slow down and take care of you. You're in my thoughts...

Gloria Horsehound said...

Hi Linda, thanks for your kind thoughts. I'm trying to slow down today, it isn't easy though. But a little sit down now and again won't hurt. And, as we Brits say when faced with something unpalatable and no way of changing it...Mother will have to lump it!

NOF said...

Like

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Nof.