Friday, 2 May 2014

Woken by a scream

At 6:30 I ran into the bathroom and found mum on the floor.
First thought being "has she broken anything?"

No my bottles of scent were ok. Phew!

As I cradled her in my arms I wondered how I was going to lift her. But after a few calming words and yelps of pain I got her to her feet. If anyone was watching, like God or someone, we would have made excellent viewing. Me in my white vest and mum in wet pyjamas.
"Oh God" she said "Help me"
"He's busy" I merrily quipped and we jaywalked to the front room and her bed.

Although we'd planned a massive morning out shopping for rags and bags I don't think my amazingly robust mother will be able to muster any more get-up-and-go. She's running on empty. So a quick trip out to get the papers and soap then back.

We're loving the snooker.
I'm rooting for Mark Selby in today's semi-final.
He's a very funny guy.
And although I like his opponent, Neil Robertson, I'm plumping for the Jester from Leicester.

The other semi-final between O'Sullivan and Hawkins will be, I expect, another victory for Ronnie. I've never warmed to him but as he's playing The Hawk I might break my own rules and stick up for O'Sullivan. Hawkins did the dirty of the Urban Spaceman Dominic Dale by winning. And I was so looking forward to watching a Dom v. Ron match. A mismatch made in heaven.
Loveable Dale did wonders by clawing his way back to 12 12 then Hawkins pipped him on the line. Unforgivable.


Must Dash



4 comments:

The Hairy Suit said...

Mum is amazing isn't she, I admire her resolve and determination so much, I like Mum. And, I love you Gloria, your ability to find humour, hope, optimism and appreciate life os inspiring. Keep smiling Gloria, you are loved and have people smiling with you x

Linda Metcalf said...

I hope she gets to feeling stronger...bless her heart and yours.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Yes Hairy mum is amazing. In fact I don't think there's a word in the English dictionary that could best describe her.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank you Linda. I think we are both blessed already. Me having her as a mum and her having the constitution of an ox and the resolve of a warrior.
Thank you Lord.