Yesterday as I was reading about the massive property portfolios of the members of boy band One Direction I had a funny turn.
One moment I was tut tutting about their super wealth the next I was on the floor.
Silly woman.
According to Mr Hairy Suit I just dropped off the radar.
He then ran into the other room to get Mr Horsehound.
I was in and out of consciousness apparently, so being ultra cautious Mr H dialled three nines and within five minutes a para medic was bending over me.
What a twat I am.
An overworked overwrought underweight 57year old menopausal woman getting the vapours when reading about a boy band.
Mother meanwhile said nothing.
After many questions he, that's the medicine man tested my heart, a bit of a bad beat apparently, and then did blood glucose test, bit low too. All pretty banal stuff really but he said I should see my GP to get a blood test. Over or under active thyroid? Anemia? Silly old trout doing too much? Could be anything! Stress/Not enough food/old age/trying to please everyone. Oh good lord the possibilities are endless old boy!
He also questioned my persistent cough, and listened to my lungs with his chilly stethoscope, according to him, I have crepitations in my right or is it left, lower lobes. Oh lovely...
Sitting hunched on the settee (I looked drunk) I wondered what next.
Mother said nothing.
Mr Horsehound and Mr Hairy Suit were fantastic. Calm, confident. I was so lucky to be with, to be saved by, two fabulous MEN. The para medic was glossy with perspiration and talked too softly. Could barely hear a word he said. He also asked about my lycra underwear. Some ladies he told me unpin their elastics when on the point of fainting. Really? Why are all people in the medical profession bloody comedians?
I could not laugh. I was a bit concerned, thought I might be having a heart attack.
I can't say I'm surprised at my silliness, I haven't felt well lately. But to have to go to the docs on Tuesday is something I can do withoutt.
I'm concerned that my GP will tell me to go the A & E with a letter. I joke a lot but I can't quite chuckle about this.
Who will look after mum?
I'm biting my lip.
But by nature I'm an optimist, glass half full and all that.
So, on Tuesday, armed with my new handbag and cardiograph I'll hablar con alguien with my Spanish GP.
Other News....
I've cut my fringe.
Sunday, 25 May 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Shocking news indeed Gloria!!! Listen to what your body is telling you and ease back a little. We send you our love and best wishes and hope you feel better very soon.
Thanks Nof and Mrs Nof. l'm listening to my body today so no overdoing of anything. Just watching the French Open on tv with Mother! That'll do me some good!
Post a Comment