Sunday, 4 May 2014

NOT GOING!

Said mum as I gave her some early morning tea.
Yesterday's pain and discomfort and subsequent eagerness to see a doctor being clearly forgotten.
I wasn't surprised.

What did surprise and shock me though was when she "Don't go, don't leave me" when I said I was going out this morning to get a table for my sewing.
I never thought it would come to this. But it has. And so I'll adapt and accept as all sensible people do.

Mr Horsehound and Mr Hairy Suit took off in search of an old table for me.

And so while I make Sunday lunch...Roast chicken and salad followed by apple and blackberry crumble I'll be able to hear mum's cries/orders/requests via the baby monitor hooked to my belt.

We're looking forward to watching the snooker final this afternoon. I'm supporting Selby, not because he's a fantastic world class player, but because he's gorgeous and makes jokes.
!

1 comment:

Linda Metcalf said...

chains of love? Treasure the good and the bad days :)