Saturday, 3 May 2014

I Want

A secondhand table for the front room so I can sit at it doing needlework. I envisage...Me at a shiny table, aida in hand or in a frame, cross stitching or blackworking delicate pieces. I bought twenty skeins of thread yesterday in the charity shop for just £2. Unused. All colours. An incredible bargain.
A garden of lavender. Pots everywhere and shrubs.
To go out in the sunshine smiling. Either dawdling or power walking. Depends on footwear.
Lots of 14 point Aida cloth in Ecru. Have been re-stung by the sewing bee.
A sewing box/basket. New would be good, secondhand is fine
A big brown watch. To match my new brown glasses. Hoping they will be ready next week...
A picnic in the back garden. Cheeses, crackers, elderflower cordial, olives, roasted tomatoes, garlic, lemon cake, digestive biscuits, hummus, carrot, red pepper, honey spice cake. Lemon tea.
Tea and toasted buttered buns in cafes. Listening to chitchatting patrons as they drown their sorrows in plates of fried food. Like yesterday. When Hairy and myself earwigged fellow slurpers as they chattered away over their big plates of eggs and beans.
Long walks. The longer the better.
Pots of white flowers either real or artificial in jugs of yellow green or brown.
Open windows.

As you can see from my list I don't want much.

No comments: