It's been an exciting, exhausting, enlightening few days.
Firstly my 'new' table is wonderful. It's Ercol, it's a deep glossy rich brown wood with legs to die for. Bought, NOT from a charity shop but from Les and Garry's emporium. (House clearances etc).
Mr Horsehound and Mr Hairy Suit got it on Sunday while I looked after mum and did the potatoes. Snooker being my tonic. Selby by the way lifted the cup AND the massive cheque. £300,000.
Anyway, as the boys carried the table up the path I knew I'd chosen well...
But I wasn't there so how did I get the perfect one?
Photos of course. From Hairy's mobile to my in-box. I don' have a snazzy phone. AND DON'T NEED ONE EITHER.
Mum has been very ill.
Palliative District Nurse came yesterday. Gave mum the once over and left a prescription which I must collect this morning in order for the next district nurse to do the bizzo.
Poor mum. The indignity of it all. Still, she's opened up to me a lot recently and we've come to many agreements. Mostly that it's not shameful to accept personal care from your daughter.
Which reminds me. I was up at four this morning,...Two men looked through prison bars, one saw mud the other stars...
As I did what needed doing I heard joyous birdsong............
Mum is bed bound now. And when I see her there. All I want to do is sing.
Sing my heart out because our situation has brought us closer together. I've discovered a mum whose tenacity is legendary but to this degree was unknown. And I've discovered a lot about myself and I quite like it.
Tuesday, 6 May 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Bird song is always beautiful, being close to a loved one and knowing you're loved by them is priceless. Fantastic that you and Mum have made a stronger Mother Daughter connection, and, it's clear that you love each other very much. Singjng is joyful and most importantly, there really is a lot to like about you Darling Gloria. Keep smiling........ and singing x
Is the bed bound permanent? The poor dear. But she has a good daughter to care for her so she is most fortunate as many don't have. Keep your chin up girl as you and mom grow ever closer. It will be a wonderful memory one day.
Ercol? Legs to die for? Photos? Let's see the evidence, please!
I think, Linda, barring a miracle, mum will spend her time in or on the bed.I'll continue to do what she needs me to do and, I'm hoping, that one fine day she'll rekindle some of her legendary get up and go...And get up!
Ok Rural Reads steady on! I'll post a pic asap.
Ooooh it's yummmy!
All I want to do Hairy Suit is scoop mum her up into my arms and make things better.....
Post a Comment