Tuesday, 13 May 2014

I'm on it

According to the BBC's Body Clock experiment which is taking place today. I am, as I type this, at my peak, I mean I'm on top of the world ma, I'm being efficient, hitting all the right notes, basically I'm flying...
Just as well.
Seeing as the early part of the day ( 6am - 8am) saw me gently shoving mother on the bed in an attempt to (a) dry her out (b) replace lost dressings and (c) get her to stop talking utter gibberish.
I failed on only one.
Mother's body is a mess only exception being her mouth organ. That sings/barks loudly and often. Her lyrics being full of four letter emotion.

On a lighter note, Rob entered the fray at 8:30 bearing edible gifts of three McDonalds breakfasts. I thought he was having a laugh. But no. Clutched in his hairy paws was a bag of hot meat, bread, potatoes and squashed egg.
Yum.
On being served, Mother smiled thanking the hairy deliverer profusely.
And so there we sat, Rob and me on the settee and mum on her high tech high level bed (air mattress delivered yesterday).
I have to say, having something hot to eat and without having to hot it myself was a real treat.
I liked it. Thank You.
And as we sipped our tea mother started choking again. It seems the McD brekkie was a wee bit adventurous for her tiny tum and what followed was a few minutes of retching, coughing and general spluttering.

I've just finished the ironing, Rob is asleep, and mum sits propped up constantly asking me what time it is...

I feel that my peak performance time is winding down now....and good job too. My body and brain need a rest....


No comments: