mother used her tongue on others as she uses it on me.
She ripped into me at 7 45 I mean she really gave me both barrels . In a word she loathes me. She has too. The ridiculous sentiments that were flung my way could only come from a woman who despises her daughter.
Apparently I only get up early because my mate rob comes round after work.
Er....I'm up early EVERY DAY mother dearest. You know changing your underwear and washing you.
These small things so easily forgotten.
And then the killer blow.
She told me to get proper carers in.
Hmmm I thought. If it's soooo bad here why not book yourself into a hospice like the doctor suggested.
I yelled. My heart in tatters. My mind completely at a loss as to what to do now.
In the heat of the moment I reminded her of something she said to me a few years ago..
"I wish you'd never been born"
She conveniently forgot she ever said it.
But she clearly remembers something dad said to her as he lay in his hospital bed
"You've ruined my life"
He is the only person she ever took notice of despite the verbal cruelty. Me? I'm the afterbirth. Yuk.
Thursday, 15 May 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Gloria..... you look after Mother so well, much better than anyone else would. You really don't deserve such harsh words from Mother when she is so fortunate to have you in her corner and you do so much to tend her every need. It just doesn't make sense! You can rest assured though that you are very much loved x
It makes sense to me. She only ever loved my dad. I was a blasted interruption to their love fest.
I have had to do exactly the same things with my mother. I finally put her in the nursing home as all my siblings were in agreement with. I could breathe again. It is called self preservation. She did very well there in her private little apartment with her own furniture and all her needs met. But that is just me...you have to follow your own heart....Bless you
Thanks Linda. I'll follow my heart. And I expect things will turn out for the best eventually.
Post a Comment