Thursday, 14 August 2008

Bad Man! Bad Weather! Bad Poetry!

Andy Murray has admitted he acted in an 'unprofessional manner' during his brief spell at the Olympics. The Scot shouldn't have bothered to traipse all the way to Bejing to play for Team G.B as his heart clearly wasn't in it, and as for his mind, that was obviously concentrating on much more lucrative endeavours... The U.S Open starts next week.
This admission has reinforced my opinion on the Scot, he's a bad 'un.

What else?
Oh yes, apparently we're enduring a normal British Summer, so shut up say the weathermen, get your brollies up and nail your sheds to a tree or something. Because someone's shed got swept away on account of all this terrible wind.
I still want a shed.


I like Thursdays and I love to write good poetry.
Only one of those sentiments is...true!

Rain or shine this day is mine
to play with as I will
I'll trot up the hill with a ten pound note
and yak to the waif on the till

I'll chat to a pigeon if he'll give me his time
and gaze as he jabs at his seeds
I'll resist the urge to catch him in a sieve
and just apply myself to his needs

I'll slurp mugs of tea whilst cradling Monty
and regard him with tons of wonder
I'll then brush his hair with my best friends comb
and excavate his ears with a biro.

Thank You!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky monty.

Anonymous said...

do you have shares in sainsbury's and tins of tuna

Anonymous said...

Is your garden big enough for shed? Will you use it to store tins of tuna just for you?