Monday, 4 August 2008

Sublime Humdrum

As a thimbleful of warm rain did its best to ruin my pretty white shoes I defiantly continued to amble along the road without a care in the world.

Sauntering past green Landies and fallen red bicycles, the manicured lawns of the super proud and the gardens of the uninterested I continued to mosey on down the road.

Looking up at a wonderfully marbled sky I thought about poetry and the chicken pie I intended to make, I then thought how life is a delicious heady mix of the humdrum and the sublime.

Today I had both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Agree with you about all that Glo. There's a lot of safety in the every day things. I hope you had a good day it certainly sounds like it!!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Well it was ok as Mondays go. Had worse had better, but I felt empowered. And that Vic is priceless.