Thursday, 7 August 2008

Cliquey Bastards

Last nights foray into the classless talentless world of suburban poetry:
My poems weren't appreciated.
I was talked at.
They were not poets, they were not artists, they were little people.
But at least Neil bought me a drink.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you say what you think! Southend is too small for you - why not try a city like Chelmsford or London where you will be more appreciated as queen gloria

Anonymous said...

so you fancy neil - lucky fella

Anonymous said...

Perhaps if you had taken monty he could have sorted them out for you

Gloria Horsehound said...

I don't always say what I think Charles, because that would be insensitive and show a lack of manners.

Anonymous said...

They don't sound much like poet's to me

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Clayton.

They were 'poetasters'. And that means 'a writer of inferior verse'.
Enough said.