Thursday, 21 August 2008



England 2 Czech Republic 2
Unbelievable.
I can't scramble together a complete post so here are a few titbits:

Beckham kicked a ball about. (Time to hit those L.A. sidewalks babe)
Capello demands that the players play for England the way they play at club level. (Oh Please)
When we get possession of the ball we MUST KEEP IT. (We've learnt nothing from past disasters.)
The players were booed off. (Not the first time, but please for the last time)
Defoe was hauled off because he's frightened of getting hurt. (Thinking about his club job I expect)
The Czechs were confident and better. (Jankulovski was excellent, perfect free kick after 48 mins)
We showed promise for 12 seconds. (Then ran out of puff and guts)
We scrambled in 2 goals. (We should have slaughtered them)
The Feisty Czechs rammed two in aswell. (But they were better, classier and more importantly, hungrier. They slaughtered us)

So before I weep into my porridge I'm left with one dismal thought, and that is that Fabio Capello could also have one dismal thought...
The qualifying campaign for the next World Cup begins on 6th September...
We take on plucky Andorra and then four days later, scary Croatia....
I can't wait...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm giving capello 6 months before he gets his marching orders from F.A HQ. Why they ever chose him in the first place beats me.
But when it comes down to it its the players isn't it?

Gloria Horsehound said...

Yes it's definitely the players Vic, and I think that if England fail to qualify for the next World Cup there'll be a major, grade one, monumental shake up in the English national game, there just has to be.