London was cool!
London was wet!
And I was dressed like an elderly lukewarm commando.
Hauling a big green shopping bag loaded with magazines and chocolate cake, I bang banged my way along those rough dangerous old streets till I got to genteel Gloucester Terrace, till I set my sodden silly summer shoes on Mum and Dads bad mats.
Dad is morphing into a Toby Jug and Mum is giggling more whilst wearing azure blue eye shadow and pyjamas.
I'm thinking Hmmmmm!
Interesting.
As I perched on the edge of a hazardous old chair Dad climbed up onto his soapbox and I sang out 'Let the rant begin'.
He didn't let me down.
Mum cooked a large microwaved serves two spaghetti and prawn thing for my lunch. She forgot the knife and fork, the napkin and water. I said nothing just sat quietly gobbling me pasta with a tea spoon and as I tried to catch a prawn I proffered comments like 'Yes that's right' and 'I know, it's awful isn't it?'
And as the clouds gathered for a second time I thought isn't this wonderful?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment