Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Do Not Disturb


On my desk sitting next to a mug of Ovaltine are seven poems.
I can't decide which ones to take along to the Poetry Group tomorrow evening, shall I take 'Woman' or 'Love Monster' or 'A Beautiful Melody'.
I expect I'll make the decision just before I step into my black patent shoes at 7p.m.

Monty is by my side, he's limp and groggy because he's been up a long time and he's jam packed with cheap tuna.
So before I steep myself in Vaseline I'll gaze at the big fat lad and try to imagine how it feels being a cat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take them all. Better to have too many than not enough. I know you will have them eating out of your hands and they will hunger for more.

Drop me a line and let me know how it went.

Rooting for you!

Your ever faithful Duchey

Gloria Horsehound said...

Hello Duch
You're right about taking them all. Not sure about the 'eating out of hands' bit!
I'll let you know how it went.

Your fainting old Queen

Anonymous said...

Your photo is far from a fainting old queen. They will swoon at your feet

Gloria Horsehound said...

Welcome Charles.
Thanks for your comment, it's a miracle what make-up can do.
Hope you check in again.

Anonymous said...

Make-up only enhances there has to be something good to begin with