Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Democrats All The Way


The Democrats Convention in Denver is top of my list of priorities today and for the rest of the week.
It's being shown on the the B.B.C's Parliament channel, so for a political enthusiast like me the next few days are going to be heaven. I'm eager to see how the Americans handle it, how they do it, I've seen clips of their conventions before of course, but to see the whole thing (sort of live!) is going to be a real treat.
The Americans are natural showmen so I'm not only looking forward to lots of shouting and colour I'm also looking forward to hearing great uplifting speeches, and seeing tons of flag waving and oceans of white teeth. I wonder if I'll see Barack's running mate Senator Joe Biden. I do hope so. See pic above.
Love it, love it, love it.

But other things will be vying for my attention today and this week; namely which poem to read out at the Bandstand in Priory Park next Sunday. I've been informed that poets will be alternating with a Brass Band to entertain the few people who are brave enough to turn up to a beautiful park at the end of a typically British summer. But rain or shine I'll be there with sheets of paper clamped in my hands.... and a brolly.

A few titbits before I sign off..

*I've nearly finished Bibi's reply to Michael. Should be up on Thursday.
*Monty slept with me last night, he looked like a big black drunken sheep. What a good kid he is.
*It's clouding over, summer is all but finished, nearly gone, autumn is hanging around like a faithful friend waiting to bring us back to a calm normality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another good post Glo, thanks.Monty the sheep. ROFLMAO!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Vic. Now a quick mow and back to the telly.