Friday, 26 June 2009

Angry

I've just heard the news about Michael Jackson. My first feeling was shock. My second, anger. Another gifted, barking mad, artist has died. Another slice of my past gone.
Grew up in the seventies with Michael and his brothers spinning on my turntable, now he's gone and all I want to do is go to "Mad About Motown" at the Belvedere in Billericay tomorrow night. I think one or two Michael Jackson discs might be spun.
Bugger it.

So later today, as I clean for Henry, Michael's tunes will accompany me. Reminding me that time and talent is precious. Don't waste either.




2 days to go

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad day, indeed. I remember watching their cartoon on Saturdays and reading about them and the Osmonds in Tiger Beat. What a talent he was. I made the little Duchess watch old footage of the J5 and she couldn't believe it was the same person. She said she only knew him as a weirdo. She never got to see him as an artist.

May he be at peace.

D

Gloria Horsehound said...

I think what the little duchess said was spot on. A lot of younger people will only have got to know Michael Jackson due to his run ins with the police etc.
I loved watching The Jackson Five and later on watching Michael's solo performances.

Let's hope he does find peace, he didn't find much while he was alive.

Your Queen