Before I rip all my dusty clothes off I simply MUST have a word.
I see that Nick Griffin, leader of the B.N.P (British National Party for my overseas readers) had eggs thrown at him and when asked by a Sky newsreader who he thought was behind it, said the left wing of the Labour Party...Politics never ever ceases to amaze me.
I made a few Muffins earlier and they've come out a bit funny I must say. Although they're totally edible they remind me of small roast potatoes. Their one saving grace is that they're chocolate Muffins.
I dozed off this afternoon after drinking one of those awful I'm-too-lazy-to-open-a-can cuppa soups. But credit where credit is due, it wasn't too bad. Kept me from falling over at least, I really must eat more. Talking of eating more...I weighed myself at Ray's place today. Just short of 8 stone I am. And I have absolutely no doubt the scales were correct because Ray's scales are very good scales.
So as I looked down at my weight numbers, I wondered if I was healthy. I have a "Good Housekeeping" book from about 1953 and it says that women over 50 should weigh in at around 9 st 3lbs:( If that's correct, than I'm drastically underweight. But when I was diagnosed with Arthritis my Consultant advised me to keep my weight down, so I have. Because she knows best. I do feel a bit freakish though esepecially when I see other women my age waddling along with pounds to spare. But health to me is my number one priority so skinny I will remain!
What else?
Oh yes my beloved England are playing tomorrow and I dare say I'll eat some crisps just after eight, and the good thing is that because Johnny is working I won't have to share them:)
Charity shop buys from Saturday:
Blue handbag.
Four big cups and saucers.
Green and Cream jug.
Black frock for nights in.
Farmhouse cookbook.
Wildly red, green and orange beaded necklace.
Other incidentals from Saturday in Hockley village.
A beefy charity-loving fireman waved a big bucket in front of me. Being a soft touch I dropped in a quid. He then proffered a piece of paper saying "Would you like to take one of these home?"...Me being slightly excited over my shopping trip said "I'd like to take YOU home". He laughed uproariously of course and proceeded to tell me about all the things he was good at..."I do gardening, cooking, cleaning" he said with a wave of his hand.
We all smiled joyously, enjoying the harmless banter in the middle of Spa Road on a sunny Saturday afternoon.
Priceless.
I feel a bit wild at the moment so methinks it's time to take a shower and listen to Radio 4. Then tea.
Can I get any wilder?
Tuesday, 9 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Politics amaze me. No matter what country they sparkle and sizzle. I know of a quote that I follow these days - "Never fall in love with a politician, they will break your heart." Hasn't failed me yet. In our recent election, I wonder what those people who are on the roller coaster of life - who voted for change - but now have watched platitudes coming from the higher ups are wondering?
Jerry from the West Coast
Thanks Jerry.
Politics is no doubt a rotten business.
I heard an interview on the radio earlier today which made me feel uncomfortable. I don't know who was being interviewed all I do know however is that she was terrified of the BNP. What she failed to understand was that although the BNP are obnoxious to some they are the chosen party of thousands of voters. Do these people NOT have the right to cast their vote just like the rest of us?
Your soap box Queen
Post a Comment